jMemorize Flash Cards; Not Human Readable

Update: I was completely wrong about the cards being binary. Please see my jMemorize retraction for details.

I saw a piece on jMemorize over at unixreview and decided to have a little play. Quick download, runs from the Jar, OK GUI. Not bad on a cursory glance.

I then built a small set of cards as a sample and had a play. Finishing off I saved the card stack and decided to have a look at the file it created, I’d like to generate my flash-cards from existing docs I have so an easy to write format would be excellent. Except jMemorize saves its documents as a binary format! I’m assuming that it’s just serialising the stack object out, which means I have no chance of ever exporting any effort I put in or mass generating decks.